ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left45%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left12%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left3%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left9%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left3%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left6%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left12%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_left9%Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Empty
PostSubject: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:43 pm

The NFL draft has came and gone and we have sat in limbo with the lockout.

Rumors are running that the NFL will soon open up business and then we will see all kinds of activity including, free agent signings, rookie contracts and undrafted rookie signings.

Fortunately for the Chiefs, many of the players that showed interest in are still available after going undrafted. After the jump we will take a look at each and every player that the Chiefs had interest in (that we know of) before that draft that could still end up in a Chiefs uniform.

Pat Devlin- The QB out of Delaware has gotten a lot of interest around the league. Kansas City brought him in for a private workout before the draft and they could still be looking at him as a possible backup option.

Dane Sanzenbacher- The undrafted WR was seen speaking with the Chiefs at the Senior Bowl. Sanzenbacher would be the type of player to come in and play the slot. He concluded his career at Ohio St. with 121 receptions for 1820 yards and 19 touchdowns.

David Mims-The 6'8 331 pound OT has worked out for the Chiefs. He would upgrade a position that was not addressed in the draft. Look for the Chiefs to add one or two tackles either in regular free agency or with undrafted players.

Noel Devine- A 5'7 160pound running back that peaked the Chiefs interest at the Senior Bowl. It is hard to imagine where he would fit in the Chiefs offense.

Jock Sanders- The teammate of Noel Devine, another small player that is a Dexter McCluster type player that the Chiefs noticed at the Senior Bowl. He is another player I have a hard time seeing in Kansas City.

Brian Smith-Played OLB his senior season with the Fighting Irish. A fiery leader on and off the field, Smith is the kind of player that Scott Pioli likes on his team. His father actually had a short stint in Kansas City. Unfortunately, the Chiefs have been aggressive at the OLB position so I don't think he will have much of a chance to get signed by the Chiefs.

Mason Brodine-The 6'7 255 pound defensive end has garnered some interest from the Chiefs even after playing for a small school (University of Nebraska at Kearney). The Chiefs, along with a few other teams requested film.

Mana Silva- The strong safety out of Hawaii was able to gain a lot of interest from teams after strong workouts at his pro day. He was able to run a 40 time average of 4.44, had a 40 inch vertical, 10-3 broad jump, 4.16 short shuffle, 7.01 three cone drill and 23 strength lifts. The Chiefs brought him in for a private workout prior to the draft. He would help add depth to the Chiefs safety position.

Preston Dial- This guy is an H-back type of player that the Chiefs where interested in but ended up drafting a true fullback. Dial is said to have soft hands, very aware on the field, leadership qualities and great blocking skills. I could see the Chiefs still bringing in someone like Dial to compete for a FB or backup tight end position.

Eric Gordon-An explosive OLB that has been restricted due to his size (5'11 225 pounds). The Chiefs where spotted speaking with him at the Michigan St. Pro Day. Gordon is one of many OLB players that are still available after the draft. I still do not expect the Chiefs to sign many at the position because we have drafted many LB type players in the last two seasons.

Jarred Fayson- A very quick WR coming out of Illinois, Aaron Wilson confirmed that the Chiefs where one of ten teams that had shown interest before the draft. He did not put up great numbers in college but he ran a 4.36 in the 40 yard dash.

Joe Morgan-Another WR from a small school, it was reported that the Chiefs had held a visit with Morgan. He ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day and a 4.40 at the combine.

Justin Trattou-Played defensive end at the University of Florida but had a workout with the Chiefs linebacker coaches. He projects to play OLB in the 3-4 defense. Okay... Maybe they will sign one or two OLB players that remain undrafted.. Doesn't hurt to add depth.

Kris O'Dowd-Once considered a top tier center and was expected to be selected mid-rounds in this draft, O'Dowd has since fallen into the undrafted area of players. The Chiefs spoke with him at the Senior Bowl and might be interested in bringing him in to compete for a backup position at the center of the Chiefs offensive line.

Josh Baker-Another H-back type of player. Baker had his stock go up right before the draft. Sources have told me that many teams are interested in him as an UDFA. He blocks very well, has soft hands and his game speed is quick.

Adam Weber-The Chiefs showed interest in the potential backup quarterback after attending the Minnesota Pro Day. Some of the knocks on Weber are a lack of arm strength, accuracy and he occasionally makes bad decisions.

Damien Berry- Omar Kelly reported that the Chiefs conducted a private workout with the small Miami runningback. He has been labeled as a power back but he claims that he is also shifty. He ran a 4.56 at the Miami Pro Day and a 4.58 at the NFL combine.

Phillip Tanner-Add another runningback that could be signed. The Chiefs showed interest in the Middle Tennessee player according to Bo Marchionte. Entering the final game of his college career, he had 34 touchdowns. He looks to be a player that is used in many ways including returns and wide receiver.

Colin Miller-Reports surfaced from ChippewaCountry.com that the Chiefs where interested in the experienced center. He very well could be picked up to try and compete for a backup spot behind Wiggs and Hudson.

Terrence McCrae-According to Aaron Wilson the Chiefs conducted an on campus interview with the Ohio WR. McCrae is a redzone threat. He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash at the Ohio Pro Day. I look for the Chiefs to sign atleast one undrafted wide receiver.

Jamorris Warren-The Central Missouri product drew some interest after attending the Mizzou Pro Day. The 6'1 197 pound WR ended his senior season with 109 receptions for 1,458 yards and 20 touchdowns. That is great production at any college level. I could see Warren staying local and signing with the Chiefs.

Cole Brodie-The Chiefs showed interest in the CB/KR after attending the South Dakota State Pro Day. The 5'10 188 pound corner ran the 40 yard dash at 4.41 and 4.43 at the Pro Day and benched 225 pounds 16 times.

Stephen Franklin- Tweeted that the Kansas City Chiefs wanted him to come work out for them. Unfortunately, we do not know if the workout ever took place. He plays ILB so the Chiefs could still be interested in brining him to compete in the middle.

David Leonard- The last player on the list is Kansas City native David Leonard. The WR was able to get a workout with the Chiefs and could be a longshot to get signed. If the Chiefs are interested I would see him choosing them so he can go home.

The Chiefs will probably at least sign 1-2 of these guys.. Who do you think it will be?
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:39 pm

I like the Idea of Dane Sanzenbacher WR from Ohio State. I am from Ohio and watched him play. He would make a good Redzone threat. He would be great for depth also.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:51 am

Interesting OutLaw, I dont know much about any of these guys on this list other than Odowd. That David Mims sounds interesting. 6'8, 331, sounds like a hell of a RT to me. I would like to bring him in for camp. He ought to beat out Greenwood.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Mason Brodine would be a nice PS candidate.. pack some pounds on him and he might have a future as a 3-4 DE.

O'Dowd is pretty interesting also. But we did just draft Hudson. Also we already have a few other good young Guard candidates is Asomah and Harris... not to mention Lilja will be here for awhile yet.

Phillip Tanner appears to be the type of threat Haley/Pioli like to use around here too.

Jarred Fayson and Joe Morgan are both speedy WR's we could sign either one. Doubt either would make the active roster their first few years though if ever.

Silvia would be an interesting Safety pickup, but I think I would rather have David Sims from ISU.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes David Sims! Colin Franklin is actually the guy from Iowa State who got screwed by not being drafted. Some team will get a steal from him as an UDFA... I'd love to get him, but our TE position is starting to get crowded. Might not hurt though since Cottam can't be counted on to stay healthy.

Maybe Alexander Robinson could be our new RB pickup Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai 420295

But yeah I actually agree with a lot of those guys.. I wouldn't have any problems with any of them. This seems to be one of the most packed depth wise teams the Chiefs have had in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai   Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Devlin And Other Pre-Draft Interests That Are Still Avai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: