ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left45%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left12%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left3%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left9%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left3%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left6%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left12%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_left9%Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Empty
PostSubject: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Cris Carter, Michael Irvin provide tough love to Dwayne Bowe
Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2010 3:54 PM ET
Former NFL receiver Cris Carter had some strong words for Vikings wideout Sidney Rice, who opted not to show up for summer workouts with Larry Fitzgerald and others.

Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe showed up at the sessions for the first time -- but he might wish he had joined Sidney Rice in anyplace but the presence of Carter and Hall of Famer Michael Irvin.

Per Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Carter and Irvin supplied some "tough love" for Bowe, whom one league source recently described to us as "the single biggest dumbass in the NFL."

"Can you imagine your first day coming back to 14 100s?" Bowe, who had taken 12 days off, said. "Man, it was like college again. I've never done this intensive competing, conditioning and technique in one day. . . .

"You can tell [the potential impact] by the production that Sidney Rice had last year," Bowe added. "I know he had Brett Favre but still. I talked to him a week ago and he told me they competed and it made him [better] and he went to the Pro Bowl. Now I think it's my turn to take over."

It sounds like the Chiefs had a hand in arranging the tongue-wagging from Bowe, and the tongue-lashing from Carter and Irvin.

"[S]ome people in Kansas City as far as their administration kind of knew I was going to be here," Carter said. "We kind of let them know that I would be here for [receiver Dwayne] Bowe."

A first-round pick out of LSU, Bowe had two strong years in 2007 and 2008. His production tailed off in 2009, with 47 receptions for 589 yards. He also created an offseason ruckus with his ill-advised comments to ESPN regarding the practice of "importing" something other than matches. Long matches.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Maybe this will set some fire in him again. He has so much potential.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Its good to see hes going to extra camps... trying to learn from guys like Irvin and Carter along with Larry Fitzgerald. I wouldn't read too much into him taking 12 days off... he has to rest his body at some point. He wont be out of shape coming into training camp this year.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm

I agree he will be in shape. Plus with the extra weapons we have now. And Chambers returning. Hopefully he won't fill pressured to carry the offenses. Like I believe he felt last year. If he he going to break out again. This has got to be the year. I hope he does I just bought his jersey lol.
Back to top Go down
FknRuehh925
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm

for the past 3 seasons Bowe has had somp like 5-6 diff QBs... Green, Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, Cassell, Higgins...now he has a guy for more than one season and can make some stuff happen...he has a legit weapon next to him in Chambers and Mccluster and the add of a solid run game..bowe will not feel like he is the only weapon... Also Weis will get him the ball
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Dwayne Bowe-WR- Chiefs Jul. 27 - 4:29 pm et

Coach Todd Haley expects Dwayne Bowe to be "one of those young players that takes a step this year."

Bowe has been working out with Cris Carter and Larry Fitzgerald at Fitz's summer camp. "I've been getting reports back daily for the last couple of weeks," said Haley, "and I think he had a better offseason than he had last year." We remain skeptical of Bowe's newfound "maturity," but he's certainly not without breakout potential.
Source: arrowheadpride.com
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:30 pm

He should be in great shape to start the season.. and hes not the only offensive threat anymore either so he should have a good chance of breaking out.
Back to top Go down
Tamba
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 pm

so he no longer goes by d bowe i herf
Back to top Go down
Tamba
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 pm

this needs to be his break out year he has waited long enough
Back to top Go down
Lightning88
Amateur
Amateur
Lightning88

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm

i agree it's his 4th year and he needs to make the probowl
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldlightning.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year   Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowe Trying to have Break Out Year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: